Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cricut APRIL MONTHLY CHALLENGE: Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle

As we all celebrate Earth Day, the Cricut Monthly challenged us to make a project.  The criteria is as follows per the website:
"In honor of Earth Day (April 22nd) we would like you to recycle, reuse or repurpose 3 items on your project and your project must be newly created for this challenge and include at least 2 Cricut Image Cuts."
I had bought some new sheets for our bed.  In the packaging was cardboard.  There was one piece that looked just like a binder and plenty of flat card board in between the sheets in the packaging.  I also found some green duck tape that a house guest had left behind.  The last picture in this group is the before picture of the "reused/recycled" items I used.
So I came up with the idea to make my oldest granddaughter, Glory, a book to put stickers, draw or whatever.  I always try to plan a project for her and we have fun spending time together creating.
I used the Dinosaur cartridge to cut out the letters, background for the letters and of course dinosaurs. Each page was covered with a different color of paper and used the green duck tape around the edges of the book.
AND the ribbons I tied the book together are from the Maryland Crop meet.  We all exchanged a length of ribbon.  One of the ribbons has a repeated saying, "Made With Love," which was so PERFECT!
So enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment